Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stop Black Sand Mining

My friend and I were discussing topics about our environment when she told me about the black sand mining in Ilocos. We've been to Ilocos last 2011 and it's a very beautiful place. When my friend told me about the sand mining and its negative effects on the environment I felt really sad and angry (and frustrated).

So I went to see if there was an online petition so I can sign up and saw that there was one. It was published last year but it only has 295 signatures. I hope more people will be aware of this.

Please sign to the petition:


STOP BLACK SAND/MAGNETITE MINING IN ILOCOS REGION AND CAGAYAN





You can also check:
cuadernoilocano.blogspot.com

Some of their posts:
- BLACK SAND MINING THREATENS ILOCOS SUR, A Documentary Note
- WHO'S BEHIND THE BLACK SAND MINING IN ILOCOS REGION? 
- COLLECTIVE OPINION OF THE PEOPLE ON THE ISSUE OF BLACK SAND MINING IN ILOCOS REGION AND CAGAYAN

 


0 comments: